photo banner-2.jpg

4.17.2012

food, love, life Q&A



I thought this would be fun to do a little get to know me Q&A.  Enjoy. 


What is your favorite food?
Pizza, cupcakes, and Thai food. The hubby makes an awesome tom yum soup.


What is your favorite ice cream?
Ben and Jerry's fish food
What was the last thing you ate?
A pear


Were you named after anyone?
I was named after my Nana.


Do you like your handwriting?
Yes, I worked really hard when I was in middle school to have pretty handwriting.


What color shoes are you wearing?
Black and blue heals


If you were a crayon, what color would you be?  

Kelly green


What is your favorite smell?
I love the smell of honeysuckles.
Would you rather spend 2 weeks at a mountain hideaway or a beach house?
The ocean is my happy place, so I would have to say beach house. 


Do you wear contacts?
Yes! But I like to switch it up now and then and wear glasses.


Where were you born?
California


Where was your husband born?
Bear was born and raised in Florida. 

Where are you living now?
Utah

How long have you been married?
3 years and 10 months.

Where did you get married?
Midway, Utah
What was the most memorable thing about your wedding?
Of course becoming Bear’s wife was extremely. But the most memorable things was being surrounded by all of our friends and family for an entire week before we got married.


Why did you start blogging?
When Bear and I moved to New Jersey it seemed like the perfect way to document our journey for all of our family and friends.
Why do you call your husband Bear?
It was a nickname given to him by his Grandma when he was a baby and it stuck with him throughout his life. However, for professional reasons he now goes by his middle name, Marshall. But to me (and all his family and close friends) he will always be Bear. So on this blog I will always refer to him as Bear (or handsome).


How did you get into photography?
Go here to read about that.
Are you glad you moved back to Utah?
Yes and no. I love that we are around my parents but I miss the east coast tremendously. 


What does Bear do?
He’s an anthropologist. I will let him explain it for you.. take it away Mr. As a cultural anthropologist, I attempt to investigate and understand the cultural beliefs and values informing the way we, as humans, think, feel, and act. For my Ph.D. dissertation, I am conducting an ethnographic study of the political and experiential dimensions of (dis)enchantment among current and former members of the LDS church in Utah. 


Did you adopt your dog?
Yes, Shento is from a Catahoula rescue society. While Bear and I were living in Florida we took a friends dog to the dog park. Bear and I were enjoying our lunch when this adorable black puppy with ginormous ears came up to me. I hugged him and told Bear that I was going to steal him. Miraculously, a woman came up to me and told me that he was up for adoption. Needless to say, we adopted the puppy and named him Shento. We like to say he choose us.
Do you want to have babies?
There is nothing we want more than to have a house full of little ones. I am the only child so the more kids the better.


What kind of camera do you use.
I have a nikon d300 with a couple different lenses. 


Do you edit all of your pictures?
No, I don't edit ALL of my pictures. My goal as a photographer is to be happy with the raw image. When editing I use photoshop CS5.


If you have any more questions, please feel free to ask. And one last thing, I would love to learn a little more about all of you. Leave me a comment with something interesting about yourself.  

3 comments:

kendra @ little almanac said...

I wish I liked my handwriting! It's gotten so sloppy over the years.

whitney mack said...

miss your face! love the picture in this post, you two are too cute!

Emily said...

so glad i found your blog, i love it so much! just came across it from gentri lee's (congrats on blog of the week btw!)