photo banner-2.jpg

11.20.2009

"My Birthday" (or) "Why Katrina is the Best Wife Ever"

I drearily awoke to my lovely wife delivering french toast and coffee to my bedside. A note accompanying my breakfast told me that over the next few days the two of us would spend a relaxing weekend in a "bed and breakfast" sited in the foothills of Pennsylvania's Poconos mountains. Katrina had planned a birthday for me that was really quite awesome. We went hiking, hot-tubbing, boating in the lake, and spent a hilarious evening drinking pina-coladas with a dozen scrap-bookers who had rented out nearly the entire inn. And while I could blabber on, narrating the whole thing through, I'll let the pictures tell the story with only minimal sign-posts along the way. Thank you Katrina for making me feel like the most loved man alive!









If we ever go hiking where there are grizzlies, forget the "bear pepper spray", I'm bringing a bazooka.


Katrina baked a carrot cake, my favorite :)




Shento made friends with the "Black Walnut Inn" owner's lab/great-dane mix.



This is "Grey Towers", built in 1876, it is the home of the Pinchot family, a French family who would go on to sire the one time governor of Pennsylvania and conservationist responsible for creating the U.S. Forest Service. Who ever said "tree-huggers" couldn't live large?




Hiking at Bushkill Falls, the "Niagra Falls of Pennsylvania"









Sunset from atop Sunrise Point, in Sussex county New Jersey.

No comments: