photo banner-2.jpg

4.08.2013

Walking in the Snow



I know that I don’t want to think of snow… but I do want to remember this afternoon stroll with my two favorites.

This winter was long, dark, and seemed extra gloomy. Bear and I got bored of reading books and playing games together inside, and for some reason on this particular day, our normal river walk didn’t seem good enough.  We ventured out to Hobble Creek, a beautiful area with lot of trees and a small river rounding through the walk path.  But on this day we didn’t calculate how much snow had accumulated and that the area doesn’t get much sunshine.

The snow hit our knees as we tried to walk. Shento had to continuously leap just to stay on top of the snow. It was humorous. We only walked a short distance, probably because we didn’t have snowshoes on and walking in 4 feet deep snow is rather hard. But that short distance, laughing together about our silly adventures was just what that winter day needed.  

No comments: