photo banner-2.jpg

6.04.2012

hey, june


can you believe it… june is here already! this month happens to be one of my favorites. my birthday, bear and i’s anniversary, dinners outside enjoying the warm summer evenings, cooking with the fresh vegetables from our garden, these are all things that make me happy. i truly couldn’t be more excited that this month finally has arrived.
   
a lot of my greatest memories have taken place in the month of june. like the time when bear bbq’d up some delicious baby back ribs and we ate outside in the flicker of candlelight. although we were only two feet away from our neighbor’s air conditioner blasting out some awful noise, cars passing by on the busy street only a couple yards away, and the night sky cloudy and hazy because essentially we lived in a city, it was still wonderful. i felt content sitting in my back yard with the one i love. enjoying my house, my city, and my life.

this past year has been a rough one. moving has really knocked the ground from under me and I haven’t felt like i have been able to stand back up. of course some days are better then others. but since we waved our goodbyes to new jersey, life has thrown us for a ride. i realize everyone moves, and everyone goes through life changes. mine are no different than anyone else’s, no worse, and no need for sympathy. but i realize that for me, change is very hard. it’s hard to go the grocery store and not encounter crotchety old woman. i mean, who wouldn’t miss that? i have a running list of things that I miss about living in new jersey, and i could bore you with all the details, but I won't.  i will tell you the number one thing that i miss about life in the east is the feeling of contentment.

so with all that said, june is my month, a clean slate, a fresh start, a new year, a time to shine, whatever you want to call it. it’s my time to move past this year, be hopeful and excited about the future, and be content in the life i am living right at this very moment.  

2 comments:

tiff@thecoffeehouse said...

I so hope June finds you with tons and tons of contentment. And fun. How could it not be the best month ever? It's your birthday!!

Carlee, Little Sloth said...

June is such a wonderful month I definitely agree with you on that one. I hope you have a wonderful month! I love the photo of the roses!
Carlee

http://allthingsaveragegirl.blogspot.com/