2011 in review

In January, we rang in the New Year in Utah with games and fireworks (and a midnight kiss). 
Ryan came to visit where we had a snowball fight on the jersey shore! we explored the local geo/natural history museum in New Brunswick, NJ. And we took lots of walks in the snow. 

February, we experienced our first ice storm. I visited Janice and we toured all over D.C. and Virginia. Bear and I explored French Town, NJ and had a yummy dinner at ship inn. 

In March, we visited a maple syrup farm and learned all about how maple syrup is made. We took a quick day trip into New York City for me to do a photo-session. And the best part of March was our get-together with all of our best-friends in Washington D.C. 

April was filled with entertaining our house-guests... my parents. We took them to all of our favorite New Jersey/New York spots. We really enjoyed having them come see what our life was about on the east coast. We spent Easter at Rutgers Gardens and enjoyed the annual Rutgers day. 

In May, we took a lovely trip to Florida to attend a friends wedding and see family. It was great to catch up and see everyone. We also had some more wonderful house guests... Bear's parents came at the end of the month. Again, we took them to all of our favorites spots and ate lots and lots of yummy food. 

June was an emotional month for us. We had so much fun visiting Annapolis, Maryland and hanging out with Ryan. We ate lots of delicious crab and enjoyed being surrounded by the water. But once that trip was over, we headed back to start packing up our house for our move out west . We had a going away party with all of our wonderful friends. Bear surprised me with a day trip to Hyde Park, NY for our 3rd wedding anniversary. We ate the best meal I have ever eaten at the Culinary Institute of America, and enjoyed touring around Franklin Roosevelt's estate and Eleanor's house. We packed up all of our things and started our journey across the U.S at the end of June.  

In July, we celebrated the Fourth in Ridgway, Co with Bear's Aunt Vicci and Uncle Charlie. We also settled into our temporary home at Bear's parents house. we enjoyed camping with family and taking walks to the nearby lake. 

Bear started teaching his first class at the beginning of August. We celebrated Susan's birthday and Bear started fly fishing more. we also spent a lot of time taking walks and enjoying the outdoors. 

In September, Bear played in a woody tournament and won best dressed. we spent a lot of time taking jeep rides and looking at the beautiful changing colors. 

In October, Bear and I dressed up as Mary Poppins and Bert for Halloween. We also had a visit from our good friend Kenny and enjoyed taking him around to all of our new found favorite spots. 

In November, we found our new home in Provo Utah. We signed the lease on 11-11-11. Thanks to our family's help we painted the entire house. We celebrated Bear's birthday by attending a Navajo indian rug show and eating at Shabu Shabu house. We were able to enjoy our first Thanksgiving with family (we  usually spent it with friends because of living so far away). And to ring in the holiday's we attended the Ogden santa run. 

In December, we started decorating and organizing our house. We went on a long holiday vacation to California and Colorado. It was absolutely amazing being around all of our family and friends. I have to say, this Christmas is going to be hard to beat!!

1 comment:

Betsy said...

you two are the cutest! :)