photo banner-2.jpg

8.09.2011

sick day

I woke up this morning with a sore throat and body aches and have been in bed ever since. At least I was able to be entertained by Oprah for most of the day, thanks to her new network! I have also been enthralled with the book Half Broke Horses by Jeannette Wall. She is one of my favorite authors, and once I start reading her books I can't put the book down until I am finished.

Sometimes being stuck in bed is not all bad. I actually can say that today has been pretty lovely and I think that my body purposely didn't feel good for a reason, because as I have been lying here I have been thinking about life. And although times right now seem so stressful and as if there is not an end in site, I feel so blessed. it hit me like a ton of bricks that everything is going to be alright. Bear and I should feel so grateful that Bear got the opportunity to teach 2 classes at the local University. He starts this month and I am so excited for him. he has such a passion for teaching, and even though I have never sat in on one of his classes (maybe this semester I will) I know from seeing how his past students reacted to him that he is an amazing teacher and mentor. he has worked very hard and I am very proud!

I know that everyday as we slowly start figuring out life here in Utah things get better. Our relationship is growing, we have been able to enjoy the family that we missed out on for the past three years, and we have been fortunate enough to take our time to find a place to live. Eventually we will find 'our' perfect place and we will make it home. I have already been collecting design ideas and my father-in-law and bear designed and built a coffee table.  those little things get me excited about the future. I know that together Bear and I can do anything and the stress and un-known just makes us stronger.

While today was not the most productive day, it made me feel happy. I hope that tomorrow I feel better because a walk with Bear and Shento sounds perfect. But for now, I am off to bed!

1 comment:

Tina Golightly said...

I'm sorry to hear that you are sick. :( It's funny cause I started coming down with something yesterday too, and now I'm stuck in bed all day instead of splashing around at the beach with my friends. :( I hope you feel better today, nothing says "Peace of Mind" like a good walk to sort things out.

Wishing you good health,
- Tina